Diploma in teaching English to speakers of other languages (DELTA)
The Diploma in teaching English to speakers of other languages (DELTA) is a teaching degree granted to professionals with ample experience in teaching English to speakers of other languages. Just like any other Cambridge Diploma, DELTA is recognized internationally.
Tipo de Examen:
Antes de iniciar el proceso de inscripción, te agradecemos leer nuestra normativa sobre los exámenes internacionales.
Suggested Requisites to register for DELTA
- At least two years of full-time experience (or 1200 hours) in ELT with emphasis in teaching English to adults. Teaching different levels and contexts is desirable.
- Educational level at higher-degree level or equivalent.
- Proof of having taken formal studies in TEFL. ELT level (all skills) at CEF Level C1-C2.
DELTA consists of the following three modules:
- Módule 1: Understanding Language, Methodology and Resources for Teaching (assessed through a written examination)*.
- Módule 2: Developing Professional Practice (assessed through a portfolio of coursework, including observed lessons, background written essays and an externally assessed lesson observation).
- Módule 3: Extending Practice and ELT Specialism or English Language Teaching Management (assessed through an extended written assignment).
*Note: Idiomas PUCP is an authorized center for DELTA Module 1.
Module 1 Syllabus:
- Theoretical perspectives on language acquisition and language teaching.
- Different approaches and methodologies, including current developments.
- Language systems and learners’ linguistic problems.
- Language skills and learners’ problems.
- Knowledge of resources, materials and reference sources for language learning.
- Key concepts and terminology related to assessment.
- Two written Tests (Parts 1 and 2)
- Exam Length: 1h 30min each part.
More information about this test, click here.
|DELTA module 1||S/ 1220.00|
Nota: This fee is referential and it can be modified without prior notice.
Check out here the registration date of the exam and register online:
DELTA module 1
|Format||Online registration||Examination dates|
|Paper based||SIGN UP UNTIL OCT 18 HERE||December 6th|
Check out our online registration guide.
- Digital test results: 6-8 weeks after the exam. (The exact date is recorded in the COE document: Confirmation of Entry, which is sent to each candidate after the close of registration).
- Physical diplomas: 2 weeks after the publication of digital results.
Certificate collection (Cambridge, Michigan, DELE):
If you want to complete the process of collecting your international certificate, write to idiomas-internacional@pucp.