Diploma in teaching English to speakers of other languages (DELTA)
The Diploma in teaching English to speakers of other languages (DELTA) is a teaching degree granted to professionals with ample experience in teaching English to speakers of other languages. Just like any other Cambridge Diploma, DELTA is recognized internationally.
Tipo de Examen:
Paper and pencil
A nuestro público en general:
Debido a las disposiciones dictadas por el gobierno a raíz de la emergencia sanitaria mundial, nos vemos en la necesidad de suspender todos los exámenes internacionales hasta nuevo aviso, en salvaguarda de la salud de nuestros candidatos y personal.
La reactivación de este servicio será informado oportunamente a través de nuestros diferentes canales de comunicación.
Si tuviera alguna consulta adicional o si desea realizar el trámite de recojo de su certificado internacional, escriba a idiomas-internacional@pucp.
Coordinación de Exámenes Internacionales
Suggested Requisites to register for DELTA
- At least two years of full-time experience (or 1200 hours) in ELT with emphasis in teaching English to adults. Teaching different levels and contexts is desirable.
- Educational level at higher-degree level or equivalent.
- Proof of having taken formal studies in TEFL. ELT level (all skills) at CEF Level C1-C2.
DELTA consists of the following three modules:
- Módule 1: Understanding Language, Methodology and Resources for Teaching (assessed through a written examination)*.
- Módule 2: Developing Professional Practice (assessed through a portfolio of coursework, including observed lessons, background written essays and an externally assessed lesson observation).
- Módule 3: Extending Practice and ELT Specialism or English Language Teaching Management (assessed through an extended written assignment).
*Note: Idiomas PUCP is an authorized center for DELTA Module 1.
Module 1 Syllabus:
- Theoretical perspectives on language acquisition and language teaching.
- Different approaches and methodologies, including current developments.
- Language systems and learners’ linguistic problems.
- Language skills and learners’ problems.
- Knowledge of resources, materials and reference sources for language learning.
- Key concepts and terminology related to assessment.
- Two written Tests (Parts 1 and 2)
- Exam Length: 1h 30min each part.
More information about this test, click here.
|DELTA module 1||S/ 1200.00|
Nota: This fee is referential and it can be modified without prior notice.
Check out here the registration date of the exam and register online:
DELTA module 1
|Online registration||Examination dates|
|SIGN UP UNTIL OCT 15 HERE||December 2nd|
Check out our online registration guide.
- This form of registration only accepts payments by credit or debit card.
- To register, you must go with your ID and Idiomas code of the candidate (if any) to any of our venues.
- If you don’t remember the Idiomas code, you can request it at the customer service window.
- Before paying for the exam, you can take a diagnostic test (Cost S / 35.00) – This exam doesn’t apply to the YLE exam.
- Request an enrollment form for the Cambridge exam and fill it in with the information indicated.
- The deadline for onsite registration is the same as online registration and varies depending on the exam you select.
- Results of computerized exams: 2 weeks after the exam. (The exact date is recorded in the COE document: Confirmation of Entry, which is sent to each candidate after the close of registration).
- Test results in paper-pencil format: 4-5 weeks after the exam. (The exact date is recorded in the COE document: Confirmation of Entry, which is sent to each candidate after the close of registration).
- Delivery of diplomas: 2-3 weeks after the publication of results.
Certificate collection (Cambridge, Michigan, DELE):
If you want to complete the process of collecting your international certificate, write to idiomas-internacional@pucp.