Diploma in teaching English to speakers of other languages (DELTA)
The Diploma in teaching English to speakers of other languages (DELTA) is a teaching degree granted to professionals with ample experience in teaching English to speakers of other languages. Just like any other Cambridge Diploma, DELTA is recognized internationally.
Tipo de Examen:
Paper and pencil
A nuestro público en general:
Debido a las disposiciones dictadas por el gobierno a raíz de la emergencia sanitaria mundial, nos vemos en la necesidad de suspender todos los exámenes internacionales que estaban programados hasta nuevo aviso, en salvaguarda de la salud de nuestros candidatos y personal.
La reactivación de este servicio será informado oportunamente a través de nuestros diferentes canales de comunicación.
Si tuviera alguna consulta adicional puede escribirnos a firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordinación de Exámenes Internacionales
Suggested Requisites to register for DELTA
- At least two years of full-time experience (or 1200 hours) in ELT with emphasis in teaching English to adults. Teaching different levels and contexts is desirable.
- Educational level at higher-degree level or equivalent.
- Proof of having taken formal studies in TEFL. ELT level (all skills) at CEF Level C1-C2.
DELTA consists of the following three modules:
- Módule 1: Understanding Language, Methodology and Resources for Teaching (assessed through a written examination)*.
- Módule 2: Developing Professional Practice (assessed through a portfolio of coursework, including observed lessons, background written essays and an externally assessed lesson observation).
- Módule 3: Extending Practice and ELT Specialism or English Language Teaching Management (assessed through an extended written assignment).
*Note: Idiomas Católica is an authorized center for DELTA Module 1.
Module 1 Syllabus:
- Theoretical perspectives on language acquisition and language teaching.
- Different approaches and methodologies, including current developments.
- Language systems and learners’ linguistic problems.
- Language skills and learners’ problems.
- Knowledge of resources, materials and reference sources for language learning.
- Key concepts and terminology related to assessment.
- Two written Tests (Parts 1 and 2)
- Exam Length: 1h 30min each part.
More information about this test, click here.
|DELTA module 1||S/ 1200.00|
Nota: This fee is referential and it can be modified without prior notice.
Check out here the registration date of the exam and register online:
DELTA module 1
|Online registration||Examination dates|
|SIGN UP UNTIL OCT 15 HERE||December 2nd|
Check out our online registration guide.
- This form of registration only accepts payments by credit or debit card.
- To register, you must go with your ID and Idiomas code of the candidate (if any) to any of our venues.
- If you don’t remember the Idiomas code, you can request it at the customer service window.
- Before paying for the exam, you can take a diagnostic test (Cost S / 35.00) – This exam doesn’t apply to the YLE exam.
- Request an enrollment form for the Cambridge exam and fill it in with the information indicated.
- The deadline for onsite registration is the same as online registration and varies depending on the exam you select.
- Results of computerized exams: 2 weeks after the exam. (The exact date is recorded in the COE document: Confirmation of Entry, which is sent to each candidate after the close of registration).
- Test results in paper-pencil format: 4-5 weeks after the exam. (The exact date is recorded in the COE document: Confirmation of Entry, which is sent to each candidate after the close of registration).
- Delivery of diplomas: 2-3 weeks after the publication of results.
Certificate collection (Cambridge, Michigan, DELE):
- Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
- At Idiomas Catolica Pueblo Libre, 6th floor – Virtual courses office (Av. Universitaria Sur 1921 – 1923).
- Candidate must collect certificate personally by presenting a valid ID or passport. For other options please write to email@example.com